Pumpkin sometimes ends up in odd places (for instance, in my latte), but once autumn arrives and sweaters are part of my everyday attire, that big orange gourd calls to me, promising me comfort.
Subtle pumpkin flavor, warm spices, and a creamy texture make this no-churn ice cream a perfect treat for the colder months.
More No-Churn Ice Cream Recipes:
no-churn pumpkin ice cream
- One 14 oz [396 g] can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup [185 g] unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- Pinch cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces [57 g] cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups [480 g] heavy cream
- In a large bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a large bowl until completely combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, beat the cream cheese on medium until smooth. Turn the mixer to low and add the heavy cream in a slow steady stream, mixing until combined. Increase the speed to medium-high and whisk until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add half the whipped cream mixture to the sweetened condensed milk and whisk until completely combined. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the remaining whipped cream mixture until no streaks remain. Pour into a 9 in [23 cm] loaf pan or Pullman pan with a lid and freeze until firm, 6 hours or, covered, up to 1 week.