I received an ice cream maker as a wedding gift, and while I use it frequently, there are too many times I pick up ice cream at the store to go with a dessert because I forgot to freeze the bowl, or I forgot that the ice cream base needs to chill for hours on end before it even goes into said bowl.
Which is why I love No-churn ice cream.
Yes, it still needs chilling time, but there is no bowl or base to pre-freeze!
You can remember the morning of and have amazing homemade ice cream that night. Or every night, really.
This ice cream is so creamy and dreamy with fabulous vanilla flavor.
Vanilla No-Churn Ice Cream
- One 14 oz [396 g] can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons bourbon optional
- 2 oz cream cheese at room temperature [57 g]
- 2 cups heavy cream [480 g]
- In a large bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, vanilla bean seeds, salt, and bourbon, if using, until completely combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, beat the cream cheese on medium until smooth. Turn the mixer to low and add the heavy cream in a slow steady stream, mixing until combined. Increase the speed to medium-high and whisk until stiff peaks from, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add half the whipped cream mixture to the sweetened condensed milk mixture and whisk until completely combined. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the remaining whipped cream mixture until no streaks remain. pour into a 9 in [23 cm] loaf pan or Pullman pan with a lid and freeze until firm, 6 hours or, covered, up to 1 week.