This Sweet Dough Recipe is from my book, The Vanilla Bean Baking Book, and I use it every week! Not only does it come together quickly, but there is no kneading required and it can be refrigerated overnight. That means you can get your sleep rather than waking up in the wee hours of the morning if you want to serve fresh, hot out of the oven Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast or brunch.
Recipes to use Sweet Dough with:
No-Knead Sweet Dough Recipe
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup whole milk warm (100-110F)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups 568g all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 tablespoons 1 1/4 sticks | 142g unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Grease a large bowl.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, combine the eggs, milk, and honey.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, mix the flour, yeast, and salt and stir on low to combine. Add the egg mixture and mix on low to combine. With the mixer on low, add the butter, one piece at a time. When all the butter has been added, increase the speed to medium and beat the butter into the dough, until all the little butter pieces are incorporated, 1 minute. Transfer the dough to the prepared bowl. The dough will be very sticky and you will need a spatula to scrape the dough into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes. Place your fingers or a spatula underneath the dough and gently pull the dough up and fold it back over itself. Turn the bowl and repeat this folding again. Continue 6 to 8 more times, until all the dough has been folded over on itself. Re-cover the bowl with plastic and let rise for 30 minutes. Repeat this series of folding 3 more times, for a rise time of 2 hours and a total of 4 foldings. Tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 72 hours.