Hello! And apologies for the silence in this space. The quiet is a good thing – my summer has been lovely and busy; my family and I enjoying quality time together. So baking and blogging has been on the back burner for the better (that sentence had too many ‘b’ words and a terrible attempt at a kitchen pun, which means I’ve had way too much coffee today).
I’ll be back again later this week with another recipe and some trip photos from the North Shore, but for now, I am going to leave you with some links.
*I am spending the summer reading Thomas Cahill’s Hinges of History series.
*Zoebakes’s Instagram stories are the best- I always learn something new.
*I actually bought a fanny pack (affiliate link) or belt bag, for the trendy, and have gotten mixed reviews on it. I will say it was amazing while hiking, and I did have an older gentleman compliment me on it (we almost had matching bags), which made my day.
*I have grilled breakfast pizza on Artisan Bread in Five.
*Can’t wait to start baking from Pizza Camp (affiliate link). I also have a gigantic stack of cookbooks I need to bake from and share with you, that I hopefully will get to soon.
That’s all for now! I hope you had a lovely weekend. Don’t forget to #bakeamericacakeagain.
More Cake Recipes:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Chocolate Chip Buttercream
- 1 pound 4 sticks | 452g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (339g) powdered sugar
- ½-1 cup (85-170g) mini chocolate chips (see note)
- 1 pan-banging chocolate chip cookie
- Make cake as directed. You can use your favorite cake recipe here – chocolate or vanilla will work. I used two 6-inch cake pans (so the chocolate chip cookie would fit on top), filling them each half way with cake batter. Once baked, cooled, and chilled, I cut each layer in half so I had a total of 4 layers. I baked off the rest of the cake batter as cupcakes. I also used the pan-banging chocolate chip cookies; the cookies are very large, and fit perfectly.
- For the Frosting: Beat the butter, cream, vanilla, and salt together on medium-high speed until smooth, 1–2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to medium-low, slowly add the powdered sugar, and beat until incorporated and smooth, 4–6 minutes. Increase the mixer speed to medium-high and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy, 5–10 minutes. Add the chocolate chips, and mix until just combined.
- To assemble: Layer and frost cake as usual, with the chocolate chip buttercream. Cut a large chocolate chip cookie into 6-8 pieces, and top the cake with it. Use the cut marks in cookie to guide where to slice the cake. Serve.