Olive oil is excellent paired with sweet milk and vanilla bean.
I love surprising guests with it for dessert and watch their furrowed brows relax after taking one bite, realizing it is, in fact, delicious.
no-churn olive oil ice cream with vanilla bean
Olive oil is excellent paired with sweet milk and vanilla bean. This delicious treat is perfect paired with warm chocolate brownies or cake.
- One 14 oz sweetened condensed milk 396 g]
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil [112 g]
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz cream cheese, at room temperature [57 g]
- 2 cups heavy cream [480 g]
- In a large bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, olive oil, vanilla, vanilla bean seeds, and salt until completely combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Turn the mixer to low and add the heavy cream in a slow, steady stream, mixing until completely combined. Increase the speed to medium-high and whisk until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add half of the whipped cream mixture to the sweetened condensed milk mixture and whisk until completely combined. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the remaining whipped cream mixture until no streaks remain. Pour into a 9 in [23 cm] loaf pan or Pullman pan with a lid and freeze until firm, 6 hours or, covered, up to 1 week.