Streusel works well on bars, scones, coffeecakes, and tarts. Often I’ll make a large batch of this and keep it in the fridge’ it keeps for 3 to 4 days chilled and for 1 month frozen. This recipe can also be easily doubled.
- 2/3 cup [192 g] all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup [65 g] granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup [65 g] brown sugar
- 1/2 cup [50 g] almond flour chopped pecans, or oats (quick or rolled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon depending on what you are making and how much you like
- 6 tablespoons [85 g] unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into 6 pieces
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated and brown sugars, almond flour, salt, and cinnamon on low. With the mixer on low, add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together but still is quite crumbly.