Marshmallow Fluff + Peanut Butter + Brownies = Yes, please. And you don’t need any kind of mixer to make these – just a bowl and a whisk! They’re a combination of rich and chewy, chocolatey brownies with marshmallow fluff and a peanut butter filling swirled throughout the top.
I have a recipe for peanut butter cups in my Baking for the Holidays cookbook that I love to make, and I realized the filling would probably also taste incredible swirled into chocolate brownies. It did.
I then decided to take things one step further and twirl in some marshmallow cream!
Notes: This recipe is a variation on My Favorite Brownies recipe, and appears in my 100 Cookies cookbook. This version I actually prefer the day after they’re made, as the marshmallow fluff softens and the chocolate flavor intensifies.
More Brownie Recipes:
- Raspberry White Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Chip Brownie Skillet
- Peanut Butter Brownies With Candied Cacao Nibs
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Brownies
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F [180C]. Grease a 9 x 13 in [23 by 33 cm] baking pan (do not use glass) and line with a parchment sling.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt until combined and completely smooth.
- Make the brownie batter as directed (but do not bake it!). Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Dollop the peanut butter filling and the marshmallow cream over the top, alternating the two. Drag the tip of a butter knife through the batter, creating swirls.
- Bake until the sides of the brownies have set, the top is starting to crackle and look glossy, and a wooden skewer or toothpick inserted into the center comes out with crumbs, 26 to 32 minutes. The batter on the toothpick should not be wet but should have a good amount of crumbs clinging to it. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely. Use the parchment sling to gently lift the brownies from the pan.
- Cut them into bars and serve. Store the brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.