baking

pumpkin scones

Thursday, December 22, 2016

pumpkin scones

My littles are on Brightly today, making Pumpkin scones from The Vanilla Bean Baking Book. If you haven’t been to the Brightly site yet please check it out! The space is a resource for parents to help create lifelong readers, something I’m passionate about. Launched in partnership with Penguin Random House, Brightly features book recommendations from all publishers for every age and stage, reading tips and insights, seasonal inspirations, author essays, contests, gift guides, and more. There are so many great book lists and ideas here.

pumpkin scones

pumpkin scones

pumpkin scones

pumpkin scones

pumpkin-scones

You can get the recipe for the Pumpkin Scones here. These scones are a family favorite, and might be what we wake up to this Christmas morning. “If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it.” —Lucy Larcom

Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today
    Friday, December 23, 2016 at 12:13 am

It’s such a beautiful picture. I can’t wait for Mia to be like it 🙂

Tori//Gringalicious.com
    Friday, December 23, 2016 at 7:21 am

So sweet! These scones sound wonderful!

Kari
    Friday, December 23, 2016 at 11:06 am

They did such a good job making those scones!
    Kari

amanda paa
    Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 9:17 am

i love seeing your children learning with you! and wow, they keep growing up so fast. such a cool initiative with Penguin! i’m going to check out those lists right now. xo

Abby | Lace & Lilacs
    Monday, December 26, 2016 at 5:49 pm

The loveliest photos and recipe. xoxo

Heather E.
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 7:20 am

We are headed to the library today; it’s finally my turn to borrow your book! I found out about your book and blog through A Couple Cooks. I made the shortbread — perfection! I always borrow cookbooks before purchasing but I have a strong feeling I’ll be using my Christmas gift card to put your book permanently on my shelf! Thanks for the information on Brightly. We are avid readers and I subscribed.

Christa Sagmoe
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 12:05 pm

The scones look absolutely delicious! Going to have to try them out. ~ Christa

mp3raid
    Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 12:36 am

Your style is unique in comparison to other people I’ve read stuff from.
    Many thanks for posting when you’ve goot the opportunity, Guess I will just
    bookmark this web site.

Erin
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 6:18 am

These look AMAZING! I’ve been searching for the “perfect” pumpkin scone recipe, and I know I just found it. I’m curious if you could make these ahead and freeze them (unbaked) once they’ve been shaped/cut? Then I could pop the already shaped/cut scone right in the oven (frozen)…or thaw overnight in the fridge to be ready for baking in the morning. Or just make them the day/night before and hold the shaped/cut dough in the fridge until morning? Thoughts on how either way might work with this recipe?