photographs

summer of fun vol. two: pizza farm

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Two Pony Pizza Farm | Sarah Kieffer
Two Pony Pizza Farm | Sarah Kieffer
Two Pony Pizza Farm | Sarah Kieffer
Two Pony Pizza Farm | Sarah Kieffer
Two Pony Pizza Farm | Sarah Kieffer
Two Pony Pizza Farm | Sarah Kieffer
Two Pony Pizza Farm |  Sarah Kieffer
Two Pony Pizza Farm | Sarah Kieffer
Two Pony Pizza Farm | Sarah Kieffer
Two Pony Pizza Farm | Sarah Kieffer
Two Pony Pizza Farm | Sarah Kieffer

One of the best things about summer? The pizza farm!  After our lovely trip last year, we set out again, this time to Two Ponies Pizza Farm in Long Lake, MN. One farm-foraged chanterelle mushroom pizza later, and we were happy with our decision: the pizza was delicious, the staff was so friendly, the farm was gorgeous, and we even got to sneak inside when the mosquitoes were too much to handle. Plus, this farm was a shorter drive than our last adventure, which scored points with the littles. Hooray, summer of fun.

Sacha
    Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 9:34 am

Fun! Tasty fun! We need pizza farms in Massachusetts. I had no idea it was a “thing” until I saw the one on your blog last year.

Shanna
    Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 9:58 am

Love this! My idea of a good time usually involves pizza.. even better if it’s on a farm. : )

Amanda Paa (@amanda_paa)
    Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 10:46 am

Gorgeous pictures! We just went to Red Barn Farm in Northfield this Wednesday and are headed out to Two Ponies later this month. It looks like a beautiful place.

Canal Cook
    Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Looks like a lovely place to spend a sunny afternoon. Very jealous.

carey
    Monday, August 5, 2013 at 8:17 am

Pizza farm! Yes, I love this so much. We have a farm around here that opens to the public for a burger night on Fridays, and a bakery that opens their home/property on Sundays. I wish more places did things like this — it’s so community-oriented in a simple, wonderful way. (:

Marta @ What Should I eat for breakfast today
    Monday, August 5, 2013 at 3:07 pm

There’s a pizza farm? I had no idea that something like it exists and now I want to go there 🙂

Melissa@Julia's Bookbag
    Monday, August 5, 2013 at 5:17 pm

A PIZZA FARM???? total coolness. I could practically smell it through your photos 🙂

tara
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 9:07 am

I am grinning at the picture of pizzas growing in fields, ready for picking. How great would that be?