Einkorn Dutch Baby with Maple-Bourbon Peaches |  Naturally Ella
It’s the summer of fun! For reasons before mentioned, I am lining up guest posts for this summer. Up next is Erin from Naturally Ella. Erin was one of the first blog ‘friends’ I made, and she is incredibly talented and generous. I can’t wait to meet her in real life.

I believe, that in this world, there are two types of people: breakfast and not breakfast people. I was a latecomer to the world of being a breakfast person. For many years, I would miss this meal while I was usually running (late) out of the house. When I started cooking, breakfast crept in. Eggs, oatmeal, and yogurt- staple breakfast food. When I worked at the bakery, breakfast often felt more like lunch considering I’d already been working four hours but I never missed it.

I love breakfast. It’s the time I get the first sip of hot coffee and the time I use to reflect upon the upcoming day. It’s usually quiet and calm with a slight chill. It’s impossible to feel stressed during these times (as long as I don’t check my email).

Weekends are usually a time for pancakes and waffles. I love dutch babies because they require very minimal effort and have a hearty, thick texture once done. If you haven’t tried Einkorn flour, I’m on a kick as of late. It’s a slightly sweet wheat flour that I think stands in wonderfully for all purpose flour. Paired with peaches and bourbon (really, you can’t go wrong with bourbon), the flour shines and the flavors meld together to form the perfect breakfast.
Einkorn Dutch Baby with Maple-Bourbon Peaches |  Naturally Ella

• 2 ripe peaches
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoons bourbon

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400?.
  2. Combine eggs, milk, flour,salt, and maple syrup in a blender. Pulse until combined.
  3. On the stop top, melt 1 tablespoon butter in an 8" or 10" cast iron (well seasoned) skillet. Swirl around to cover the pan with melted butter. Remove from heat and pour in batter. Place skillet in oven and Bake in oven until golden brown and puffed, 20-25 minutes.
  4. While the dutch baby bakes, cut peaches into 1/4" slices. Melt butter in a large skillet and add maple syrup, bourbon, and sliced peaches. Cook over low heat until peaches are soft and maple syrup/bourbon has thickened slightly.
  5. Pour the peach mixture over the dutch baby and serve.

Notes

*I use an 8" pan but the dutch baby is thick and puffs quite a bit. A 10" pan works slightly better, I just don't own one.

22 Responses to Einkorn Dutch Baby with Maple-Bourbon Peaches | Guest Post from Naturally Ella

1. My oh my, this looks like my idea of breakfast for Angels. Heavenly!

2. I’m all over this! What a fabulous guest post Erin!

3. […] tucked away to share on Sarah’s site. If you’ve never been to The Vanilla Bean Blog, go check out my recipe and then explore her site. So many gorgeous photos,  delicious recipes, and beautiful works […]

4. Kelly says:

Oh my, this looks absolutely incredible! 🙂

5. Erin says:

Dutch babies are my absolute favorite! Love the peach, maple and bourbon addition.

6. Leslie says:

Looks amazing! Is there a substitute for Einkorn flour in this recipe?

7. I am often not a breakfast person at all, but I could definitely start with this dish! 🙂

8. Dutch babies are amazing and go well with every fruit, don’t they?

9. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day 🙂 I’ve had dutch baby pancakes on my mind the past few months too! Yum.

10. My kind of breakfast and what’s not to love when bourbon is thrown in the mix? 😉

11. I can’t wait to try this recipe. I’m always looking form something new to make for breakfast.

12. Kathryn says:

I’ve been coming round to the idea of being a breakfast person in recent months – this is another good reason to embrace it I reckon!

13. Kelsa McDaniel says:

I don’t see the amount of lemon zest listed in the ingredients for recipe. How much zest?

• Erin Alderson says:

I actually didn’t use any lemon zest (wasn’t sure how it would play with the bourbon/peach combo. I deleted it out of the directions. However, you could always try it 🙂

14. Valerie says:

I tend to avoid breakfast (and email) in the morning, but this Dutch baby pancake looks scrumptious enough to make me want to convert – still, no message checking before 11am. : )

15. […] er over det hele for tiden, og efter at have set nogle fantastisk flotte billeder af de søde frugter hos The Vanilla Bean Blog blev jeg inspireret til denne friske og sommerlige tærte. Der mangler ikke tærter på denne […]

16. Sue says:

I love Dutch babies! Make them ALL the time. Thought I would share a secret my grandma taught me about making them. Put the cast iron skillet in the oven to preheat from the time you turn it on. Then melt the butter in the skillet on the stove top and pour in the batter and return to oven. The skillet is VERY hot so be sure to use a good potholder. The butter browns nicely adding depth in flavor and the pancake will puff beautifully in the oven. It takes only a few seconds extra but the out one is well worth it.

Can’t wait to try the peaches and bourbon. Yummmm!

17. Alanna says:

Oh my goodness, this looks like the best breakfast, ever! (And I’m a total breakfast person!) I’ve been wondering what to do with the rest of my einkorn flour. Bourbon peaches!! Making this ASAP!

18. Rachel says:

My two kids and I just enjoyed every last bite of this delicious dutch baby! Thank you!! My three-year-old said through a mouthful of peaches, “It’s sooooo good!”

19. […] The recipe can be found on The Vanilla Bean blog. […]