baking gluten free grapefruit

gluten-free grapefruit + pistachio muffins

Sunday, January 6, 2013
I think I might be breaking some blog rules. These muffins are very similar to the ones I just posted, and I’m posting about muffins twice this week. Also, I have nothing witty to say about them, except that I find these muffins amazingly wonderful – no dairy, white flour, or sugar, but yet still incredibly tasty. It’s the treat I want to start this New Year with. So, Happy New Year dear friends and readers! Let’s shake things up a bit.

Gluten-free Grapefruit + Pistachio Muffins

These muffins are adapted from Roost, and you can find the recipe here. I only made a few changes: I used olive oil instead of ghee, and I added 1/4 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla to the wet ingredients, and then added 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest and 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts to the dry ingredients. I also sprinkled them with a little sugar in the raw before baking.
    Helene @ French Foodie Baby
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 6:23 am

There’s nothing wrong with two muffin posts in one week as far as I’m concerned! Especially yours. I am so intrigued by the combination of pistachio and grapefruit, I will have to try those very soon. Thanks so much for sharing 🙂

Emma Galloway
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 7:27 am

These sounds perfect… if only I wasn’t on a detox and then they just sound like plain torture! Haha 😉

Angela
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Anything with grapefruit and nuts, that doesn’t have sugar is going to be one of my favorites. Pinning right now!

Sue/the view from great island
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 6:08 pm

These sound fascinating, I’m a muffin-a-holic so I have to give them a try!

kankana
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Happy New Year Sarah and I hope you guys feel better soon! These muffin sounds fantastic to kick start the day along with some coffee 🙂

london bakes
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Pistachio & grapefruit sounds like such a perfect combination – I love the idea of the tart brightness of the citrus. A perfect example of when blog rules should be broken 😉

vanillasugarblog
    Monday, January 7, 2013 at 5:15 pm

thats ok to reuse recipes over and over
    i do it all the time–remember that’s how new recipes are created!

Eileen
    Monday, January 7, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Break those blog rules! These muffins sound so good–I’m definitely in the mood for citrus this winter. 🙂

ilana freddye
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 4:43 am

what an interesting combination! Two flavors I love, never thought to try them together in baked goods. Sounds like I’m going to need to venture into grapefruit + pistachio world

Healthy Recipes
    Monday, May 27, 2013 at 8:06 am

[…] with Avocado + Tomato Relish, Goop Gluten-Free Grapefruit + Pistachio Muffins, The Vanilla Ben Blog Spring Spirit Polenta, My New Roots Sweet potato w/ brown rice, chives, crispy smoky chickpeas + […]

How to Cook with Grapefruit | Healthy Grapefruit Recipes
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 2:04 pm

[…] Gluten Free Grapefruit and Pistachio Muffins by Vanilla Bean Blog  […]

Lauren
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I clicked on the Roost link for the recipe but it does not link to any recipe and I cannot find a muffin recipe on the site it takes me to. Could you put the direct link to the recipe? Thanks